Most schools are allocated a sum of money, called Primary P.E. and Sport Premium funding. This money is to support all children and improve the quality, quantity and breadth of P.E. and sport provision.
The allocation is calculated according to the intake of the school and the school must best decide how to use the money to improve the breadth and quality of PE and sport provision, including increased participation in P.E. and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Our Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding for 2016/2017 is £8,530
Please see the ‘Evidencing the Impact document’ in this section of our website to find out how we, at Rosegrove Infant School, spend our money.
Gov.UK Website @ 28.3.2017:
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools”