Autumn 1 learning 2020
Y1 Home Learning – Autumn 1
This is for you to access to support your child’s learning. Input on Google any of the objectives below to find appropriate and relatable activities.
English – Our current expectations for Autumn 1 are for children to be confident and competent in each of the objectives below:
- Practice holding the pencil correctly and writing the lower case letters correctly.
- Use this link to see how we write our cursive letters https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/skyWriter/index.html
(remember to click the cursive button)
- Learn the sound and the letter name for each phase 2 sound below.
- Make up your own sentences, say them aloud and practice holding it in your head, before having a go at writing it. Remember to put a finger space in between each word.
- Use the letters on the phase 2 sound mat to help you read words.
- Learn the phase 2 tricky words, remember these are words you cannot blend.
Maths - Our current expectations for Autumn 1 are for children to be confident and competent in each of the objectives below:
- To count forwards and backwards from 0-20.
- To know what comes before/after a number to 20.
- Count up to 20 objects.
- Compare 2 sets of objects using the words, ‘more, ‘less’, ‘fewer’ and ‘same.
- Practice adding 2 sets of objects.
- Practice taking away.
- Recognise and match written numbers to 20.
- Write numbers to 20.
- Understand that teen numbers are a group of 10 plus another number.
Any activity/activities that you complete in relation to these objectives need to be recorded in the book provided or sent in via the class email which is accessed through our school website.
Science – This half term we are learning about ‘All About Me’.
- Play games to name and identify body parts e.g. heads, shoulders, knees and toes and Simon Says.
- Draw a picture and label the body parts.
- Know the 5 senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch)
- Explore how we use these sense to find out about the world around us.
Geography - This half term we are learning about the UK.
- Recognise on a map of the UK< which is land and which is sea.
- Name the 4 countries of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Go on Google Earth and find the UK.
Computing – This half term we are learning about how to stay safe online.
- If you have access to a tablet or device practice creating images and saving them e.g. take photos, drawing apps.
- Talk to a grown up about how to stay safe when using technology online.
- Use this link - https://www.childnet.com/resources/smartie-the-penguin and Read the online story about Smartie the penguin and design a poster to help your friends stay safe online.
Art – This half term we are learning about mixing colours.
- If you have paints and colours at home, explore mixing colours to find out, what the primary and secondary colours are (you can also do this on painting apps)
- Research ‘Pop Art’ and explore how they use colour.
RE – This half term we have looking at Christianity.
- Find and explore images of churches, how are they the same and how are they different.
- Draw and label what you might find in a church.
PSHE – This half term we are looking at different feelings.
- Practice naming different feelings, what makes us feel like that and what does our face and body looks and feel like when we are experiencing those feelings.
Music – This half term we are learning a variety of traditional nursery rhymes.
- Practice singing with actions and can you clap or tap the beat alongside the rhymes.
DT – This half term we are designing, making and evaluating a winter soup.
- Read different recipes and explore vegetables to go into a soup.
- Practice washing and preparing vegetables.
- Ask an adult to help you make your own soup.
P.E – This half term we are learning about two fundamental movement skills.